Fly Back Again Soon!

I'm starting this new blog to share my adventures in craft land! Lots of updates to come soon! :)

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Family Fun Fund Bank

My Muse for this creation... an AFN commercial! Wish I could find it online to show you... its so silly, lol!

Remember the Ally Cat pillow I made for my friend's daughter?  Well today I made them another gift. 

Since my friend's husband is deployed right now, I thought it would be nice for them to have another thing to look forward to when he comes home.  So here is their Family Fun Fund piggy bank!  The kids can fill up the bank with change and when their daddy comes home they use the money to do something fun!


Materials:
-Clean baby formula container (you could also use an oatmeal container so the like)
-Fancy paper (I used an old gift bag I got at the Thrift Store for $0.25!)
-Ribbon
-Letter stickers (my QuicKuts came in handy again, pardon the pun)
-Glue
-Razor knife or sharp scissors

1. Measure the height and length of your container and cut the appropriate size from your paper.
2. Carefully glue the paper in place on your container.
3. Glue the ribbon along the top and bottom to cover any gaps... and make it prettier.
4. Make sure you have the right amount of letters to spell what you want (you could also make a special piggy bank for a child and spell their whole name, or if your little one is saving up for something special you could spell out "Puppy Fund," "Bike Fund" or "Family Vacation Fund").
5. Stick or glue your letters in place.
6. Using the razor knife or scissors, carefully cut a slit in the lid for the money to fit through.
7. Glue any decorations or letters to the lid.
8. Make sure all the glue is dry, and give to your loved one to start saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment